Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wind...

I honestly can't remember a summer like this in all my 25 years, well 20 I guess, because I don't expect myself to remember things like weather when younger than at least 6. But no, I don't remember such a cold and windy summer. It's pretty much always windy in my part of the city, but this has been something strange lately. Winds days on end, strong, nerve-wrecking, tedious winds. I found out a couple of days ago that I don't feel well when it's so windy. The sound of wind scares me, makes everything dull and colourless, I start to feel lazy of doing even ordinary things and emptiness feels much emptier that usually. The fact that I can't open windows makes me feel kind of trapped. And even if I open the window it's so quiet outside, no kids running around, no people walking outside in the evening. Everyone rushes home, not lingering out as if the wind itself hurries people inside, away from the streets. I wish it stopped blowing so hard even for a bit, I'd like to feel calm, because I don't now...

No comments:

Post a Comment